In this post I will explain the benefit of the MQSC (WMQ native api client adapter) over MQS (COM+ server adapter).
When working with wmq and Biztalk on multi server environment I suggest to work with the MQSC adapter and not with MQS adapter.
Because of the following arguments:
- MQSC Support clustered MQSeries Queue Managers.
- The MQS adapter make subscriber for each clustered queue, even if it is the same
queue, but on different qmgr. Creates duplication of messages.
- MQSC Support clustered BizTalk servers.
- You can't difine with the MQS adapter a dynamic recieve loaction. Works only with local Qmgr on the biztalk application server.
- The COM+ level overhead of the MQS adapter.
- Can define by WMQ channel table file a simple fail over mechanism, using the wild char "*" in the qmgr name.
When using the MQSC adapter it is very important to set the transaction mode on (default off ) when integrating with WMQ queus. Otherwise duplication of messages can occur.